- Title of the Project: “IDENTIFICATION OF DOMINANT SOIL SEREIS IN PUNJAB, CAPACITY BUILDING THROUGH SOIL SURVEYS AND THEIR MINERALOGICAL COMPONENTS”.
- Duration 36 Months
- Total Cost 114.929 Million
- Allocation in 2019-20 70.00 Million
Physical Activities / Targets
- Identification of dominant soil series: 150 Sites
- Report writing and map preparation: 01 No.
- Analysis of soil samples: 3000 Samples
- Training/Internship/capacity building: 75 Trainees
- To quantify potassium status of dominant soil series in Punjab.
- To study potassium fixation and release in selected soil series.
- To study the response of potassium application on major crops.
- To recommend precise fertilizer application based on soil mineralogy and K dynamics to improve the crop yield and cost effective use of K fertilizer.
Contact Detail of Focal Person for the project
Mr. Nadeem Ahmad, Deputy Director
Phone No. 04299330011, Cell No.+923339779882
- Title of the Project: Extension Service 2.O-farmer facilitation through modernized Extension (Soil Survey Component)
- Duration: 36 Months ( 2015-16 to 2017-18)
Sanctioned Budget = 45.749 Millions
Released Budget = 29.867 Millions
Utilization = 18.617 Millions
Surveys of Experimental Sites: 30 Sites
Maps Preparation: 30 Nos.
Reports writing: 30 Nos.